Financial aid and scholarships are available for students in the masters program of the School of Journalism and Electronic Media. See the university's Financial Aid Office and the College's Graduate Studies Financial Aid/Fellowships & Scholarships page for application forms.
- Graduate research assistants are eligible for stipends and tuition payment.
- The Coca-Cola Minority Scholarship is awarded to enrolled or admitted minority students based on academic achievement.
- The Karl and Madira Bickel Scholarship is given to a JEM student based on academic performance and professional promise.
- The Sally Holder Johnson Scholarship is awarded to a student re-entering the university after a period of time away from the academy, and enrolling for graduate work in the College of Social Work or the College of Communication and Information.
- The Reeder-Siler Graduate Fellowship is for graduate students in the College, and is based on both academic performance and financial need.
- The Dr. Herbert H. Howard Fellowship also is based on both academic performance and financial need.
- The Edward J. Meeman Fellowship in International Communications is given annually to international students who wish to do graduate study at UT.